AlphaeScript pioneering e-Scripting in South Africa!
AlphaScript Pharmacy uses various dynamic and easy to use e-Scripting Platforms that electronically supports the entire prescription process linking the doctor, patient and medical scheme with the participating AlphaScript Network Provider.
The e-Script Platforms allow the doctor to automatically link the patient to their medical scheme formulary and reimbursement rules, thus minimizing the inconvenience and unnecessary costs of co-payments on processing of the prescription by the participating AlphaScript Network Provider.
The e-Script Platforms include full listing of all approved pharmaceutical preparations, their pricing and all the generic equivalents. It also includes the ICD10 codes, as approved by the medical schemes, and facilitates accurate claim processing by the participating AlphaScript Network Provider.
The e-Script Platforms are directly linked to the dispensary software platform of AlphaScript Pharmacy so that the pharmacists can prepare and label the prescription items in advance in complete confidence without having to phone the doctor to clarify his/her handwriting or to request a substitute item because of the patient’s medical scheme restrictions or benefits.
AlphaeScript allows doctors and patients an unique and first-world healthcare experience by unlocking exceptional efficienies and economies whilst reducing risk.
Benefits to your patient
- Patient Confidentiality
- Safe and secure prescriptions
- Most cost-effective medicines
- Reduction of co-payments
- Chronic Disease Risk Management through
- Convenience i.e. delivery at the patient’s healthcare provider, home or workplace
- Improved quality of life!
AlphaeScript offers the following vastly enhanced healthcare experiences to the doctor and the pharmacist.
- Instant access to patient-linked script history plus scheme formulary and pricing information.
- Seamless and accurate computer-to-computer enabled digital prescribing between the doctor and the AlphaScript Network Provider of the patient’s choice.
- Real-time transmission to the AlphaScript Network Provider of the patient’s choice, resultant in real-time claiming from the patient’s medical scheme.
- Management of any exceptional claim responses by the AlphaScript Network Provider through cross-liaison with the patient’s medical aid or if required with the doctor or the patient.
- Dispensing and collection of medicine from the AlphaScript Network Provider of the patient’s choice.
- Improved efficiencies with consequential savings and enhanced quality assurance.
The key benefits of AlphaeScript includes:
- Real-time transmission of prescriptions to the AlphaScript Network Provider of the patient’s choice who will perform the dispensing function..
- Improved productivity by reducing time wastage on phone calls between the pharmacist and the doctor.
- Improved quality assurance and patient care by minimizing possible dispensing errors as a result of misinterpreted handwritten prescriptions.
- The most cost-eff ective generic equivalents to reduce costs and or co-payments to patients.
- Ensure improved compliance to medical scheme medicine formularies thereby reducing the patient’s out-of-pocket expenses on co-payments for off-formulary products.
Prescribing has never been this Smooth, Swift and Secure!
The tasks associated with writing and renewing prescriptions cause doctors to sacrifi ce time, money and safety.
Here are the facts:
Real-time transmission of digital prescriptions prevents illegible and unclear prescriptions, which in turn prevents many calls from pharmacies seeking clarification from the doctor.
Instant access to patient-linked script history plus medical scheme formularies and pricing information facilitates seamless and accurate computer-to-computer enabled digital prescribing between the doctor and Alpha Script Pharmacy.
Patient confidentiality is improved and adverse reactions are minimized, if not eliminated, due to the digital nature of the electronic prescription preventing any possible translation errors by the pharmacist due to legibility problems.
The above improved efficiencies brought to you by AlphaeScript, are just a few of the value added benefits of e-prescribing.